
Columbus sailed the ocean blue!



A replica of Christopher
Columbus' ship, the
Nina made a stop at our local harbor. After reading T
his Book this morning, we went to check her out. It was interesting to see how small this ship is! She is leaving port at the end of the week and her volunteer crew will sail her to
Acapulco, then on to Panama.




It happened to be an extremely low tide while we were there, so of course a little tide pooling was in order. Today we saw purple and orange Knobby Stars, big crabs and
anemones. The highlight was a little harbor seal pup that jumped out right in front of the kids, waddled to the water, and swam off. By the time I got over there with the camera he was about 20 yards away. I guess he was having a little snack in a cave on the
jeddy and the kids startled him. Exciting!
3 comments:
What a fun day and what beautiful pictures to remember it by! I'm sure you all enjoyed the Columbus book. I love the D'Aulaires.
Very cool! Amazing sea life! Don't see that here.
Also saw L's clip art on my i-google and its very cute! She did a great job!
Very cool!
Post a Comment