Panning for gold~
While I was at a homeschooling conference on Saturday, Super Dad took the kids to Old Town for pioneer festivities at the Mormon Battalion Visitors Center. They had a fun time exploring pioneer activites, playing pioneer games and seeing lots of friends during the day. We have a special place in our heart for the Mormon Battalion. The kids have an ancestor, Phoebe Draper Palmer Brown, that was one of the few women that journeyed with the Battalion and one of only four that completed the long trek. She was a true hero as she comforted others and served the men in uniform as a laundress. Her interesting life is told in the book, The Faith of Phoebe.

1 comment:
This looks like so much fun!!!
I'm so glad you visited my blog. I lost my links and have been slowing adding them back (and adding in iGoogle).
Off to read some more of your blog sweet friend!
Post a Comment