Saturday, January 10, 2009

Star of India Field Trip





P-9, always the comedian, apparently entertaining the crew with his sharp wit.

Attempting to lift the barrel, but as he said, "It lifted me instead!"

L-13 was named the mate of her crew which gave her unweilding power as she issued orders and got out of a lot of the work!



Hoisting the sails!

My friend Melanie (homeschool mom extraordinaire and all around great gal) organized this incredible field trip for our homeschool group! The kids did a living history re-enactment aboard the world's oldest active sailing ship, the Star of India. They worked hard and took guff from a salty old sea captain and basically had a great time! Thanks, Melanie, for taking photos of the kids during the day (I was not a chaperone) so we could get a taste of what they did!






M-6 and I took some time to explore the sculptures along Harbor Dr. when we went to pick up the older kids. We especially liked the kaleidoscope! It was a beautiful, blue day after the morning gray. Next time we'll all go and explore the rest of the Maritime Museum and the other historic ships.

4 comments:

Marianne said...

Oh we had a great time too! I was glad that L-13 was able to come! It was great to see her. Hope to see you guys again soon!

jane Cobber said...

Sounds like you guys had an awesome trip! We will have to join you if that one ever comes around again:)

Melanie said...

Thanks for your kind words. I think I had more fun than the kids.

rocknbrocks said...

loved the photos! When do we get to see you?