P-8 is looking tired of lining up for my photo ops...
Check out M-6's fancy pink painted nails!
A rainbow of Ranunculus..
Sluicing for polished mineral stones was C-10's fave activity.
They made it through an old fashioned Sweet Pea Maze! My favorite scent from my childhood!

It's been a few years since we've been to the Flower Fields!
http://www.theflowerfields.com/ It was a beautiful spring day to enjoy the colors. Monday night as I was planning the next day, I had the brilliant idea of going to the flower fields in between appointments in Carlsbad . We had a few hours to kill and I didn't see burning all that gas to go home in between. As I was putting it on my calendar, I noticed it said
Earth Day. I said, "Oh cool! We're going to the Flower Fields on Earth day!" L-12 said, "Mom, you hate Earth Day." And it's true! I think it's a made up, environmentalist's propaganda kind of holiday. But, I still thought it would be fun to look at flowers on Earth Day! It was also the perfect field trip to tie in with our current read aloud,
The Secret Garden!
As it turned out, my hubby was in a car accident on Monday night which left him without a car and the need to go to the doctor to get checked out. So, my Anti-Earth Day was a day late. No problem. It was worth it as we were heading back to the car and C-10 said, "Thanks for taking us here, Mom. It was really fun."
No comments:
Post a Comment