

This morning around 10:00 am the kids and I were gathered on the couch reading The Secret Garden. We were very surprised when our old across the street neighbor drove up with a goat in the back of his car! They have recently moved to a new home not too far from us that has some property. They have 5 pygmy goats! Today the dad took one of the goats to his daughter's kindergarten class for an animal encounter. He was kind enough to bring Goady the Goat by on the way home for our own little homeschool animal encounter. I'll bet the kindergarten teacher wasn't reading to her students while still in her pajamas, though! (Blush)
That little goat was so sweet and so soft! The kids enjoyed feeding her and walking her on the leash. I want one!
4 comments:
How fun!
That little goat is so cute it almost makes me want one! Fortunately, I know they grow into big goats so I'm not really tempted.
What a great experience for your kids.
Okay, I just re-read your post and realized it is a pygmy goat. Does that mean it really stays that little?
Yes, she won't get any bigger than a small dog! I'm afraid our Dingo Dog would make a quick meal of her or any other small animal, though.
Post a Comment