Mornings are especially bad for her anyway, and when she is in a flare, even more so.
I let her take her time in the morning and sleep late. The prednisone she is on right now (not long term) really effects her ability to get to sleep and then stay asleep. She also wakes up before dawn, very tired, and falls back to sleep usually just before I get up. The past few weeks we have done our school time in the late afternoon and evening when she feels best. It works great for us! She is feeling lots better right now, but things still aren't completely settled down.
Five in a Row~ Mr. Gumpy's Motor Car is a fun book. Social Studies- Geography, Social Skills and Cooperation; Language Arts- Time Sequence (Choices a Writer Makes), Onomatopoeia (Yes, we used a Dr. Seuss book for this literary device! Mr. Brown Can Moo, Can You? is perfect when discussing onomatopoeia! Art- Medium, Textures, Crosshatching for shading, Science- Clouds
Literature~ We love reading and discussing Caddie and her family. They are such a great example of hard work, family unity and community.
Three R's~ Workbooks are not our favorite, but it gets the job done when you are sick and can't concentrate for long and just want to lie in bed. She saves Fred for last to give her "something to look forward to." We love Fred.So that's about it. Those weeks were spent with very light school, but rich, nonetheless. There is so much in the Five in a Row curriculum and classic books. Even though they don't take much time, they offer a quality liberal arts education. Balance that with other free reading, quiet creative play with friends and Netflix on the Ipad and a bad month didn't turn out so badly for a sweet girl, after all.

1 comment:
I love the wrap up. I hope your dd is feeling better. I know how hard it is to get through those medical flare ups. I am constantly grateful for homeschooling.
Blessings,
Dawn
Post a Comment