Wednesday, March 17, 2010

And a Happy St. Pat's To You!


I'm lucky to have quite the collection of Irish china thanks to work travel souvenirs. And teddy bears are good for all occasions, of course.

Our traditional and favorite St. Pat's books. There is one more~ Fin McCoul and the Giant of Knockmany Hill by Tomie DePaola, but it's MIA at the moment.

Dad bought these at a bookseller in Ireland years ago. There used to be a small Spot the Dog board book in Gaelic, but I think it's gone! A victim of mad de-cluttering, I guess.
St. Patrick's eve, leprechaun traps were set involving wildly complicated mechanics with the hopes of catching one of the wee folk. On St. Patrick's day,while driving home from violin, C-12 and I popped into the grocery store to pick up a corned beef and potatoes, but alas! They were out. So sad!

No comments: