Sunday, January 17, 2010

The Simple Woman's Daybook~Sunday January 17

~ For more Daybooks, visit Peggy~

For Today:
Sunday January 17

Outside my window... the day is bright but there is the threat of dark gray clouds in the distance. M-7 is making fairy houses with the neighbor in her yard within view of my window.

I am thinking... that it would have been nice to go to Stake Conference today, but there is no way I could sit in a hard chair for that long. Sitting is still the most uncomfortable position to be in even 5 1/2 weeks post op.

I am thankful for... my family. Even when I'm grumpy.

From the learning rooms... a stack of Revolutionary War era books on the hearth, new winter nature books in the seasons basket, art books that 7 and 10 year olds ask me to keep reading and exploring with them and Paddington. Lots of Paddington.

From the kitchen... homemade whipped cream on anything that's reasonable to put it on.

I am wearing... fuchsia plaid flannel pajamas.

I am creating... a Family Fun binder from a decade's worth of magazines.

I am going... to feel better than ever.

I am reading... Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire. Harry and I have just recently met.

I am hoping... that I can do a little more every day without pain and exhaustion.

I am hearing... Beric the Briton from the boy's room combined with the sound of Lego bins being rummaged through, L-14 doing dishes, the distant, muffled voices of the fairy house builders and the Sunday road noise from the highway.

Around the house... is cleaner this week than last.

One of my favorite things... is the sound of children actively engaged in projects with no arguing. And hot chocolate with homemade whipped cream.

A few plans for the rest of the week: Continued work on the Family Fun binder, couch school, easing back into the outside world.

Here is a picture thought I am sharing...

No comments: