
Outside my window... is bright, clear, sunny and a little crisp at 41 degrees at 7:30 am. It's going to be a beautiful San Diego winter day.
I am thinking... that I really got used to staying home. As much as the "world is our classroom" I think less is more and being home is where my heart is. I need to evaluate what is best for everyone.
I am thankful for... a responsible and diligent daughter that gets herself up for early morning seminary every day.
From the learning rooms... Hunkering down with the Three R's. The All About Spelling materials are ready to roll, Draw Write Now books have arrived and begun in earnest and we are making fantastic headway with a times table technique that is nothing short of amazing. If you have a child/student that struggles with memorizing their multiplication facts this is your answer!
From the kitchen... homemade cake doughnuts in the new doughnut pan for breakfast. A menu plan for dinner simply HAS to be made. It's getting ridiculous. A desperate visit to Trader Joe's is in our very near future.
I am wearing... clothes that I really couldn't/shouldn't go out in public in. I need a new wardrobe.
I am creating... piles of ripped up magazines as I continue my Family Fun binder project. Ten months down, two to go.
I am going... to the doctor today for my follow up visit and release.
I am hoping... that he doesn't poke or press on my tummy too hard because I'm sore today from a marathon Sunday~ Four hours at church (board meeting and regular 3 hour block) and an evening youth fireside. I wonder if I was supposed to go to BYC, too?? I'll have to check into that.
I am reading... The Better Photo Guide to Digital Photography. Surely I'll figure this camera out before it completely dies.
I am hearing... the sound of dishes rattling as L-14 makes the before mentioned breakfast doughnuts, the heater running but not much heat coming out (something needs fixed in the attic), the quiet of children sleeping in because they have been staying up too late.
Around the house... needs some chores. We need some consistency around here.
One of my favorite things... beautiful sunrises that make me glad I'm up when I thought what I really wanted was to stay in bed.
A few plans for the rest of the week: History Club (oops, time conflict w/ doctors appt. Can't do both without leaving early or being late), doctors appointment, YW class activity, scouts (Cub and Boy), pack meeting, two violin lessons; 1 regular and 1 make up~on different days, piano lessons, girl's book club meeting, girl scouts meeting, boys snow camp out, YW cannery trip, birthday bowling party, youth choir rehearsal and recital. These are just the things that require me to drive to/attend, except for the camp out~ but I do need to ready the camper in suitable clothing and food which will require shopping. Whew! What was that I was saying about staying home? Busy, bustling days are back.
A Picture Thought I am Sharing...

3 comments:
Baking powder works better with heat. I think the cake should have been heated outside to watch it really spew its contents. Of course that is just the boy in me.
That cake is a good science experiment. ;-)
This reminded me of Duchess Bakes a Cake!
Post a Comment