Then we got the flu.
Sadder people you have never seen.
I was on the couch for three straight days, literally not able to get up. The kids were fevered, some were throwing up, and everyone felt like a limp dish rag.
Despite my better judgement, the kids went out to a few houses on Halloween, so all was not lost. They said they felt better, but after that they all seemed worse.
The girls were able to go to The Lion King (kind Girl Scout leaders took them) and the boys and I stayed home completely depressed.
The saddest thing was the boys missing out on being in our homeschool groups production of Oliver. The girls missed all but one dress rehearsal but were still able to be in the show, but the boys were just still too sick. So sad. They did go to the show on the second night and enjoyed watching it, though. (The doctor's office said they were not contagious since they hadn't had a fever in a few days.)
I missed Young Women's in Excellence and a funeral of a special church member. It was just a very depressing time. In the midst of all this, I found out that I need to have surgery. I have a large fibroid and must say farewell to the old girl that has served me well. A hysterectomy is scheduled for Dec. 8th. I need to get my iron up before surgery, so that leaves time to go to Utah for Thanksgiving and see Great Grandpa! Ah, a bright spot!
So, after complaining about having too much on my plate and needing a break~ I'm getting one! A 4-6 week break complete with Vicodin!

2 comments:
I'm glad you're back on the blog - I've missed you!
I am so sorry to hear your news. I haven't been keeping up on blogs lately so I am way behind. I wish I was down there to take care of you. Give yourself a big hug from me and know that I will be thinking about you.
Post a Comment