Monday, November 10, 2008

Election 2008




Election day was a busy one for us! I took the kids with me to vote. Our across the street neighbor was there volunteering and our next door neighbors came in while we were there so it had a very "community" feel. The kids were able to come into the booth with me and the volunteers showed them the privacy folder and how they never actually touch the ballot. They were all happy to get I Voted stickers!
L-12 worked all day on the Election Fold and Learn project available from Five in a Row digital store. She learned so much and I *finally* understand the electorial college!! She used it as a visual aid for her oral presentation in her Constitution class (Key of Liberty) at co-op.
Fold and Learns, lapbooks and notebooking are great, hands on ways of learning and reviewing information. I even taught an enrichment class at church on using them as Family Home Evening tools.

1 comment:

Kristen said...

Excellent project L-12! Wait, I think she just became L-13! Happy Birthday, L-13! I remember being at your baby shower!