Wednesday, May 12, 2010

YW Activity~ Lunch Box Social

Above are the boxes L-14 and I won and an extra. Below are L-14's, our friend Katie's (she decorated with Elvish Runes) and mine.

A couple of weeks ago in Young Women's I organized a Lunch Box Social for our combined YW activity. It was really fun! I told the girls to bring a shoe box type box that they decorated at home and fill it with a lunch for one. I gave them ideas like: wrap or sandwich, fruit on a kabob, veggies and dip and a fun dessert. They brought their boxed lunch hidden in a bag and we set them all up on a table. I handed out a questionnaire that had all sorts of statements such as: Read my scriptures today, Paid someone a sincere compliment this week, Worked on Personal Progress this week, Been to more than 7 states, Been out of the country, Was kind to a child in the last 48 hours. I tried to make them random but with a theme of Individual Worth (sort of!) Every thing they answered yes to, they received a point. Then we had an auction using the points as currency. It was fun when the girls got into bidding wars! Finally, we all ate our lunches that we won. We had a great time chatting, then we played some games telling some things about ourselves. A successful activity!

2 comments:

Joy from the South said...

That was such a GREAT idea, Shonda! I'm going to remember that one! :)

Melanie said...

What a fun idea! The boxes turned out so cute. I love seeing the personality and originality of each one.