We are closing out our Girl Scout troop this year and have decided to go out with a bang. L-14 had the idea to do "3 Days in May" and have 3 really fun activities 3 weeks in a row. The first week we went indoor sky diving and the second week we went kayaking! She forgot how busy she was going to be in May with her Shakespeare play so our 3 days in May is turning into "2 days in May and 2 days in June" when we go camping. :)I didn't get any pictures of us actually kayaking because at the last minute I decided not to take my camera in the boat in case we capsized. This was mine and M-8's first time to kayak, but L-14 has been several times with Girl Scouts and family. It was a beautiful day and we saw fish flying through the air, snowy Egrets, Loons and jelly fish.
M-8 and I had a double kayak and didn't capsize once!

4 comments:
So are you going to start a all girls Venturing Crew or a Co-ed crew? Jenifer Lowe is a LDS girl from Spanish Fork Utah that was the Western Region Venturing President and has been elected to be the National Venturing President. Her bio is at http://www.scouting.org/scoutsource/Venturing/About/NationalYouthCabinet/lowe.aspx
Very cool Shonda!
Another great activity! What fun for the whole group. I went kayaking once and got hit in the mouth with the paddle (by my own husband - I think he was pretending it was an accident, but really getting out some frustration) and that was it for me! Maybe I'll have to try it again...with a non-violent group. :)
Shannon! That is so funny! I didn't know that mark had such violent tendencies! LOL
Post a Comment