Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Indoor Skydiving!

Perris, Ca. Sky Diving School. This is where Patrick Swayze used to go as he was an avid sky diver. This is the wind tunnel where we did the simulation. As we kept walking up and up the stairs I started to worry that we would be jumping from really high up down to the fan! I was pretty nervous to say the least!

M-8 was really scared but faced her fear! She looks so stoic in this picture it cracks me up! I think she was keeping her mouth clamped shut because she didn't want her lips to flap around!

I had a mild panic attack before stepping in (seriously) and had to step right back out again to compose myself. I have recurring dreams of not being able to breathe and the strong wind in my face was making me feel like I was being suffocated. I said a little prayer and jumped in! I immediately opened my mouth and was able to breathe. Huge lesson on letting go and trusting.

L-14 looked like a contortionist she was so flexible! We couldn't believe the arch that girl was able to do! She did great and is planning on jumping out of a "perfectly good plane" when she is 18.


You can see M-8 in the front with the black jumpsuit on looking decidedly un-excited. This was before our fly time. She pretty much looked the same after, too! Congrats to our awesome and daring Girl Scout troop! We rock!

4 comments:

My Little Corner said...

How fun!!! Awesome that you gave it a try too!!!

Melanie said...

What an adventure for all of you! If I were going to skydive, I would definitely choose the indoor type!

Shannon said...

Shonda, you are amazing!! This looked so fun - I might have to get some information and see if I can take my crew to do it. I LOVE the way your children experience so many wonderful things. You are one of the best moms I know.

Jen U. said...

Wow! That indoor skydiving is really amazing!