Tuesday, April 21, 2009

For the Birds

She seems to be thinking it's a big, wide world out there...




I got her as she blinked~
This morning in the shower, a little hummingbird landed on the patio cover just outside my shower window. She just sat there, relaxing, for 15 minutes or so. Clad in a bathrobe and towel turban, I went out to catch a few snaps before she flew the coop. She was such a funny little gal, allowing me to get closer and closer. Little things amuse me so much. (Edit to change the gender~ after deliberation with C-11, we decided that her coloring was more in keeping with a female.)

4 comments:

Leslie said...

What great photos! It's fun to enjoy God's creation.

Blessings,
Leslie

Kristen said...

I love to birdwatch. On my walks I see sandpipers, egrets, red shouldered black birds, and a heron if I'm lucky.

Chanel Palmer said...

Beautiful photos!

But what is that pretty blue color behind her??? We don't see a lot of that over here.

Shonda said...

Aaah, but you'll be out of the smog soon and see that blue again. Well, at least grey... :)