Thursday, April 9, 2009

Clubs and Classes

Aaah, if only our Lego bins were so organized...

We have had a busy year with various clubs and classes. A favorite of the boys was a 10 week Lego Engineering class. They learned about simple machines, force, gears...all with Lego. I highly recommend Play Well Technologies! The boys always have great things to say about their teacher, Keith. I'm pretty sure they want to have his job when they grow up!

History Club~
Observing some of Galileo's experiments with balls, feathers and hammers with one of the dads~


Creating Native American dancing sticks as they learn about the Age of Exploration.


A model of our solar system that accompanied a discussion of the different rates the planets travelled around the sun~
Always big history buffs, the kids have enjoyed our homeschool group's Middle Ages History Club. The moms do a great job organizing stations that the kids rotate through according to age group. We meet twice a month and look forward to it!
L-13 and C-11 also have a weekly writing class after the model of The Institute for Excellence in Writing in a small group setting. It has been a very valuable experience.
And, of course, our Shakespeare and Constitution co-op classes for L-13 which will warrant its own post sometime.
It's been a very full year with a busy schedule. One that I don't regret at all, but must admit that I am breathing a sigh of relief as we draw to the end of these classes in the next few weeks. I'm ready for a rest!

No comments: