Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Quirky Things About Me Meme

I don't usually do things like memes on my blog since I just keep it as a record of our homeschool days, but I thought I would join in on this one since I've been tagged twice now! Here are the rules:
Link back to the person who tagged you. List the rules on your blog. Tell about 6 unspectacular quirks of your own. Tag 6 bloggers to complete the meme.

Ok, so I need to link to my cyber friend, Alana in Louisiana and my high school buddy Chrissy in HB.

Without further ado, I present my very first meme!

1. I have an insatiable appetite for ice. I fill cups and cups full of ice and put a little bit of water in, just to soften the ice a bit. I then proceed to eat ice all day. I believe it has something to do with being anemic because it started with my first pregnancy and the urge only comes around when I am really anemic (like I am right now). I really love it when the ice has a highly chemical flavor and best yet is to be chewing ice while inhaling some sort of cleaning product such as Comet. This disorder is called Pica, but the good news is I never actually consume the Comet (or Softscrub~ it's really good, too!) I just get the allusion of it while eating my ice. I suppose I could end this meme right here with this information as it surpasses quirkiness and borders on psycho weirdness!

2. I hoard bread products in my freezer. I absolutely despise grocery shopping and try to go as long as I possibly can between trips. When I go to Trader Joe's, I buy multiples of bagels, english muffins, two types of flour tortillas, wheat bread, white bread, flat bread, garlic naan, mini pitas and whatever strikes my fancy on that particular day. Then on top of that I get croissants from Costco and put them in freezer bags, and Francisco french rolls from Vons. My freezer is literally packed with bread. Quirky, no?

3. My all time favorite breakfast is leftover Thanksgiving dinner. Forget the turkey, I go straight for the mashed potatoes, dressing, and noodles. Green bean casserole also makes the morning cut. It's the breakfast of champions and it's too bad it only comes once a year. In other months, I always choose dinner leftovers for breakfast over cereal or some other wimpy fare. (Despite all of that bread in the freezer!) Tater tot casserole, enchiladas, and stroganof have all been breakfast highlights for me.

4. I go through cycles of only eating a certain food. (This could go along with #3) If I really like something, I will literally eat it for breakfast, lunch and dinner until it is gone. I suppose this could be considered binge eating. Recently it was shredded bbq chicken on toasted french rolls. (Lucky I had them in the freezer, eh?) Another craving that went on for awhile was Jack in the Box egg rolls. My dear friend Jay used to bring them to the park for me because her kids would shout out, "Eggrolls!" as they passed by Jack's. That's true friendship.

5. I HATE the sound of electronics humming. It seriously sets me off more than anything else. If the dvd player is on-not playing, mind you- just the power on with the t.v. off and I perceive the slightest electronic buzz in the stillness just before going to sleep, I am up and slapping that thing silly until it is off. In fact, I can think of 5 known offensive sounds that I rather hear than that dvd player.

6. ( I don't know if this counts because it hasn't happened in a while, but I'm running low on quirkiness. Hard to believe, I know.) In the not too distant past, just after falling asleep each night, I used to half dream there was a big spider either crawling on my wall or hanging down in front of me. I would swipe at it in semi consciousness and repeatedly ask my smirking hubby if he could see it. Every. Single. Night. For a looong time.
I am currently taking a homeopathic remedy for restless, crawly legs and guess what the remedy is?

Wait for it-

TARANTULA! And now I don't dream about spiders any more. Tres weird.

Ta Da! The end of my meme. (Except you get a bonus quirk, because I just realized I did it. I speak Sein language in almost every conversation. I just did it in this post~ Did you catch it?)

I tag:
My sis in law Chanel
My sis in law April
My local homeschooling blogging buddies~ sisters Jenny and Melanie
Cyber friends Carol and Hollie
And I really want to link to Michelle and her daughter in law Whitney in my ward, but I don't know if they would mind. I'll just e-mail, instead.

5 comments:

Jenny said...

I also prefer dinner leftovers to breakfast food anytime.

Kristen said...

I am going to need to know the sein language you used! is it, "quirky, no?"

now don't inhale those cleaning products. I read one of the scary, but true stories in Reader's Digest about it.

Love you, babe!

Shonda said...

Nope! It's the "5 known offensive sounds that I rather hear than that dvd play" only in Seinfeld they were talking about the smell in Jerry's car left by the smelly valet. In fact, just this morning I made annother reference to that episode by telling hubby that the strong Costco brand laundry detergent was, "rampant, mutant detergent" because you can still smell it in his car 5 days after he took it out.

And yes, I made it sound like I was huffing Comet, but I really only admire the smell while cleaning the sink. :)

Love ya!
S~

Alana - The Mommy said...

You are hilarious Shonda! I was rolling about the comet...LOL!

Ronette said...

Uh...Shonda, you're kinda quirky! LOL!!

Thanks for stopping by at my blog. I actually had been attmepting to respond to your pm at FIAR when the system told me I had been banned so I didn't get my note to you. I wasn't ignoring you. The circumstances were out of my control. :-)