Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Birthday Wishes





Today is P-9's birthday! I was woken up at 6:30 by C-10 asking if he could give his brother his present. You would have thought it was his own gift he was so excited! But the fact is, the boys share everything, even money, so he was pretty excited to play with the gift he picked out. Soon after, W called me (he was still home, though) and asked what he should do with the bike we got P-9. When I asked where he was, he said, "I'm riding it around the driveway." Well, I thought the kids definitely had to see that! So, I yelled out to the birthday boy that Dad had something out front for him to see. Too bad I didn't get a picture of that!

P-9 has had a bike before, but it still had training wheels on when the seat broke off. Because the kids all have scooters, we never replaced the bike so he had never learned to ride w/out the trainers. Well, this morning he hopped right on and rode down the street! It was awesome!

After all that excitement, at 9:30 a.m. I surprised the kids by taking them to see the Star Wars animated movie The Clone Wars. They loved it!

This evening we had cake, but I realized we didn't have any birthday candles. What's birthday cake without candles and a wish?! So, out came all of the candle holders and candles we could find. It's a good thing he's not 10!

Happy birthday my sweet boy! I love you!

3 comments:

Chrissy said...

I thought using the big candles was some sort of cool tradition you had. I was totally intrigued!

Kristen said...

Creative thinking on the candles! And they look beautiful! Happy Birthday, P! Your boys sound adorable sharing everything. Not something you hear about brothers too often. Very sweet.

Shonda said...

They all used to share their money, but L doesn't any more since she's rolling in dough from babysitting. Once they pooled their funds and bought the complete series of Gilligan's Island on dvd! LOL