The Green Show (the show before the show)
This summer we went to the Utah Shakespearean Festival in Cedar City. We saw Taming of the Shrew (in a 1940's post war Italy theme) and Two Gentlemen of Verona. It was wonderful! We all enjoyed the shows as well as the backstage tour of the 2 main theaters. One of the theaters is a replica of what the Globe may have been like when Shakespeare was staging his plays. The weather was beautiful and not too hot. The kids all loved staying in the hotel together and swimming in the pool. A great time was had by all and I believe another tradition has been made! Thanks to my wonderful sister in law for masterminding this adventure! This trip was great for me to get inspired for the new school year. I just completed a 3 day training on mentoring a scholar age (12 and up) Shakespeare class for our new cooperative mom school starting this fall! This is completely new territory for me but I'm excited for the prospects!

4 comments:
This looks wonderful! I might go in August and now I'm going to try extra hard to make it happen. I'm excited for your new school endeavors. You'll be great!
Looks like you had a great time in Utah! One of these days I'd like to make it down to the Shakespearean Festival- looks like it would be pretty cool.
What a fun family trip! Makes me jealous to be so far from the West!
A vacation right up my alley! We went to the Tuachan to see Les Miserable last week (it was stinkin hot- 100 at 9 pm) The S festival has been on my must see list for years. I'm glad to know you liked it.
Post a Comment