Mulch Happenings~
They then play King of the Hill and either try to knock each other off or spit at each other.
Poultry Happenings~
The ladies have been moulting and had same embarrassing lack of tail feathers for awhile. While they moult they stop laying eggs, so production was way down in December and January.
Things are back up to speed now and we get a dozen every day and a half.
The "baby" turkeys have grown up and made it very apparent that they are both MALES. The strutting, posturing, and down right fighting is a sight to behold. I try to keep them in the field but they now fly over the fence to hang out with the chickens. Truth be told, they drive me crazy. We might actually eat these guys if someone else with experience can show us how to do the butchering.
Rose Happenings~
The first week of January is the time to prune back the rose bushes. I have over 50, so it's a very big job!
They are already blooming!
Peach Happenings~
The peach tree blossomed mid January.
Now in mid March I am thinning peaches every time I go outside.I'll leave the bottom branches full for the chickens. They love peaches!
Garlic Happenings~
The light purple color is so pretty...
They unfurl so daintily...
But Society Garlic stinks! The dogs roll in it and get stinky and it's so invasive it takes over the planters. I dug up many, many, many plants and have many, many, many more to go.
Citrus Happenings~
Winter is citrus season!
Did you know that llamas love citrus trees? They have eaten all of the lower branches of the lemon tree and navel orange tree.
This tree is bare on the bottom! Good thing we have plenty to go around.
That's what's happening around here. It's a lot of work without any break. It's just one long, year round growing season which is great, but I always feel very behind!

No comments:
Post a Comment