Outside my Window~ is cool but slightly muggy. It is gray with a touch of marine layer over my hill. It's been warm, but we have a delicious breeze 24/7 that we are enjoying immensely.
I am Listening to~ the sounds of chickens clucking, roosters crowing and sheep baaing. None of them mine, but I am surrounded by them and sound carries something fierce up here on this hill. I also am being serenaded by the mockingbird that has an unending repertoire that usually starts up at 11:00pm and goes all night, all morning and most of the day.
I am Thinking~ of David Bowie. Ch ch ch changes keeps playing through my head. Life is full of them right now and I am trying to go with the flow, but it's hard.
I am Pondering~ garbage. Seriously. The new trash company has forced recycling. I'm all for recycling, I really am, but I don't like to be forced. It's like forced morality. We can only have one trash bin but as many recycling bins as we want for an extra fee. (The first two are free!) We are used to recycling plastic, glass, paper and cans, by choice, but now I feel like my freedoms have been taken away. Sigh. This must really say something about my personality.
I am reading~ sparingly. All the books are still boxed up waiting for final bookcase placements. I did just finish Seventeen: A Tale of Youth and Summer Time and the Baxter Family Especially William by Booth Tarkington on Project Gutenberg. Hysterically funny and I loved every minute. Oh, if you have a teen it is a must read. Written in the early 1900's it was published as a serial and won the Pulitzer Prize. I also have Mrs. Dunwoody's Excellent Instructions for Homekeeping waiting for me to be inspired by.
From the Kitchen~ yesterday was "soft food" for the patient that had two teeth extracted. Mashed potatoes and cheese ravioli, mainly. A certain 11 year old boy has asked repeatedly for me to make popovers, so maybe I will finally get that done.
I am Watching~ way too much HGTV. I seem to be obsessed with House Hunters, Property Virgins and My First Place. It seems odd since I am not in fact looking to move. Ever. Again. I also have a standing date with The Next Food Network Star. Also, Ina and Giada are my new afternoon best friends. Escaping from reality and the mountains of work I need to be doing? Yes, thank you.
Around the House~ And about that mountain of work I need to be doing.... Kitchen is finally unpacked. It took me 3 weeks to do it, but by gum, it's done. I was paralyzed by perfection and wanted all my centers organized and flowing and well, perfect. I finally stood in my kitchen and prayed that I would JUST DO IT. And I did.
One of my Favorite Things~ is chocolate covered almonds. Good medicine.
Some Plans for the Week~ please refer to my 2 page handwritten list. And buying paint.
Mid-April bloom diary
1 year ago

No comments:
Post a Comment