
For Today: Aug. 2, 2010
Outside my window......
the sun is starting to shine. It has a been a record breaking cool summer with lots of gray all day weather. It's a touch humid and looks like it might warm up today to give us a taste of California weather.
I am listening to......
the steady whirr of the bedroom fan, light traffic noise and not much else. I don't think the kids are up yet, even though it's not terribly early. They were up a little late last night watching a Narnia movie.
I am thinking......
that this week is full of promise if I would just carpe diem.
I am thankful for......
a Heavenly Father that loves me, a Savior that redeems me, a family that deals with me, friends that strengthen me, books that transport me. And Costco. I really like Costco.
From the learning rooms......
Well, it's summer. That could be all I have to say, but we did do a few things that people might say look schoolish. *Fire writing~ I told the boys that they could write a complete page of stream of conscience, first thought stuff and then take it outside and burn it. They actually did a few pages, but that was it. *Bribe writing~ I told C-12 that I would buy him 6 new Bionicle books, but he had to pay me back with a page of writing for each. He has read one. L-14 has done a touch of math with her math mentor and M-8 and I have done a bit of spelling and writing. Last week I brought back daily morning reading with everyone.
From the kitchen......
I *almost* made a menu plan last night. I do everything backwards. I went to Costco last week and bought a bunch of random things: huge bag of broccoli, 5lbs. of sugar snap peas, flat of figs. Then I work backwards when I get home and plan meals around what I bought.(O.k., saying I actually plan the meals is a stretch.) It's not the best idea and I'm not endorsing it at all! I'll tell you what I would like to be coming from the kitchen sometime very soon~ Homemade ice cream and home brewed root beer blended up in my Blend Tec to make a Root Beer Freeze topped with homemade whipped cream. Now that would make my day.
I am pondering......
how weak I am. Sigh. And that weak things can be made strong.
I am reading......
lots. I think I might do a book wrap up post for myself, but in the meantime this is what I have going right now: Mere Christianity, 1984, and The Book of Mormon (90 day encounter). I thought my birthday month would be a great time to start that challenge. I've invited someone I love to join me.
I am watching......
too many episodes of Glee and The World's Strictest Parent online. Yes! I'm serious! Wow, I can't believe I admitted that.
Around the house......
has a million dog hair fluff balls rolling around. Seriously, they are driving me nuts! I brush the dogs, vacuum the hair and the next day I see a whole new colony skittering around the wood floors. I dug out the boys room and the girls room while they were each away at various things and now I need to think about the play room. It's a big thought. A very big thought.
One of my favorite things......
is when people are friendly to me. Really, it means a lot.
A few plans for the rest of the week......
A picture thought I am sharing...
This roadrunner came to say hi in our backyard. Meep meep!
swim lessons, laundry, patching holes in the walls (not me, but it's getting done), carpooling kids, some art projects I've been wanting to do with the kids. And thinking about that play room.
A picture thought I am sharing...
This roadrunner came to say hi in our backyard. Meep meep!

2 comments:
Lol, Shonda. This post made me giggle. I love Glee too... and Costco. How I miss Costco! European packaging is so ridiculously small, I think Costco has somehow developed into this mecca in my mind, lol.
I hope you have a great weekend!
That roadrunner looks so fun! It's been years since I have seen one in person!
Post a Comment