This Christmas season was a little different because of my surgery and recovery, but we did manage to uphold a few of our traditions! We had musical performances that are always are in abundance during the Christmas season....

L-14 sang with her
homeschool show choir. They sang at a church Christmas party and sounded great!

C-12 had his violin Christmas recital. He played several Christmas songs in ensembles and it was beautiful! His favorite was Ode To Joy.

We had a few crafts. We always decorate gingerbread houses. We used to get them from Trader
Joes, but now Costco sells a great one. Some day I will try to make my own.

Christmas morning the kids held off until a more decent hour than last year. It's probably because I threatened that if I heard them before dawn they would have to wait until 9:00 to open gifts! We got up around 6:30, I think. Much better than 4:00am! (Or hearing feet running down the hall at 2:00am! Ahem!)

You'll shoot yer eye out, kid!

M-7's twin~


Everyone got
english crackers in their stockings so we had our crowns on for the morning.

P-10's #1 request was
Wii Resort. He looks triumphant! Sadly, I could not find my camera on Christmas morning! L-14 took a few pictures, but her camera has been having troubles and we were not sure if they would down load. The good news is they did download, the bad news is~ No pictures of L-14!
Waah! And for the first time in forever we didn't take the annual "kids in their Christmas clothes in front of the tree" photo. So sad! This will be remembered as the Christmas mom was recovering.
No comments:
Post a Comment