Friday, March 20, 2009

Girl Scouts


L-13 and I will have copy cat posts on this, but that's o.k.


Whew! Cookie time is drawing to a close. I really didn't do anything, so I have no room to talk. :) Sadly, it just wasn't a good year to be selling girl scout cookies. Darn recession and all.


I think it's funny when people are surprised that my 13 year old is a girl scout. They think nothing of a 17 year old boy being a boy scout! Girl Scouts have an award equal to the Eagle scout award. Right now L-13 is working toward her Silver award.
Our troop is great. It is a homeschooling group actually, instead of a troop. We have all ages and it's wonderful. It's a great opportunity for my big girl to directly mentor the younger girls.



Last year the girls went on a camping/kayaking trip. They are also saving their cookie money for a trip to Europe! Quite ambitious! L-13 really loves her leaders. I'm so thankful for the time and energy they put into the girls and for loving my daughter like they do.

No comments: