P-8 begged me to read Homer Price as our read-aloud this week. Homer Price is one of the unit studies in Beyond Five in a Row that L-12 uses, but I decided everyone could join in on the discussions and activities. We're just a one room school house around here! Since we are on a big cooking role lately, I knew the kids would love to make doughnuts like they did in the book. This recipe uses an oven method, so I let the kids do it all themselves and I didn't have to worry about frying and hot oil dangers! They were so yummy! (Funny side note: P-8 loves to cook and he was the one that chose the book, but he opted out of this activity. The reason? "I'm not really crazy about doughnuts." And it's true! He took one polite bite and that was enough for him. Funny guy!)
Mid-April bloom diary
1 year ago

1 comment:
Great blog Shonda! We read Homer Price and made doughnuts about a year ago! It was so much fun & such a funny book! Our homeschool adventures often seem to involve something yummy to eat.
Post a Comment