*Social Studies~ We started our study by finding Japan on the globe. On another day we found Japan on the globe again and crossed the Pacific Ocean with our finger and landed in California, just like Grandfather. We discussed how the Pacific was "our" ocean. We checked out many other Allen Say books from the library and noticed similar themes and styles. We love his books!
*Applied Math~ Our lesson was counting all of the people in the book. I believe there are 64! I noticed L does not use her finger to count objects and keeps count in her head. She was very accurate!
*Language Arts~ We discussed Fiction and Non Fiction. This was a true story of the author's grandfather. We learned some new vocabulary words; Bewildered and sculpture.
*Art~ L asked to make "sculptures" (new vocab word) with modeling clay and beeswax. I liked how she made the lines in the pumpkin! We also learned about origami and made cranes and drinking cups.

No comments:
Post a Comment