We have been striving to implement some healthy habits-individually and as a family.
Healthy Habit #1
I am proud of one particular person in the family that has made a big change in their life by trying something new! Every morning (mostly) I have been making this person that I love a green smoothie. They have asked not to be told what is actually in it, so if they are reading this post, best to skip down. They asked that it taste like pina colada. Recipe is as follows:
3 cups frozen spinach
1 cup frozen rainbow chard
Blend with 1 cup carrot juice
Add and blend 1 cup frozen mango
1 cup frozen pineapple
2 cups frozen blueberries for color (picture does not have blueberries)
1 can pineapple chunks with juice
1 cup shredded unsweetened coconut
1/4 vanilla Greek yogurt
Healthy Habit #2
I have established a morning routine that is really helping me in many areas of my life.
I start with personal prayer, meditation, journal writing, and Brain Gym. I feel like this has helped me to relax and stay focused and I am feeling much less stressed. I love this book 8 Minute Meditation. It is easy to read and work through. For just eight minutes a day, you get big results! I highly recommend it.
Healthy Habit #3
Our family recommitted to reading the scriptures together every night. It's not always easy, but it is worth it. We felt strongly that we needed to immerse ourselves in the scriptures.
"Motivation is what gets you started. Habit is what keeps you going." Jim Ryun
Mid-April bloom diary
1 year ago



1 comment:
The smoothie recipe looks delicious. Maybe I should switch things up from our usual routine. I love Pina Colada flavor. Thanks for the book recommendation too!
Post a Comment