There are a few more up high that we still need to get.
Farm girl~
The big news around here is chickens! Our New Year's Day chicks are just about ready to lay. We have four Easter Eggers with fluffy cheeks and we are excited to get some blue and green eggs from them.
Dad brought home these gorgeous Chinese Cochin just yesterday. They are sweet birds and their coloring is stunning!
They have the cutest fluff and their legs and feet are feathered. We just love these pretty girls.
These Blue-laced Wyandotes also are beautiful birds.
| Hanging out under the avocado tree. I picked the last one last week and it is just starting to flower again. I fertilized with llama beans and had a big harvest over the past few months. |
Peach time always coincides with the spring Shakespeare play. It will be a trick to get out there to pick these beautiful peaches this week!
I promise I thinned the tree this year, but it sure doesn't look like it.
The girls are having a great time eating their fill from the lower branches. I left the fruit on just for them.
Finally, the last thing we have to harvest this month are bananas! We had double the harvest from last year with four bunches. I peel them and put them in the freezer for smoothies.
Nick came with a buddy, Benjamin. Since they lived together and are bonded, they couldn't be separated. Ben is a Pygmy goat about 10 years old, we think. He gets cranky and is the alpha animal. He's pretty bossy with the llamas, sadly, but very sweet with humans. In fact, we say he is a "doat" since he acts more like a dog than goat. Ben broke his horn a long time ago, which gives him some character. Other animals are leary of him because he can butt you "going and coming".
My watch dogs.

1 comment:
Love reading about life on the farm! Janice L.
Post a Comment