

Every four years, our church youth program takes 300+ kids ages 12-18 on a 3 day re-enactment of the Mormon trail. They are given a 5 gal. bucket which they can put their supplies, load it onto a handcart and walk, walk, walk, pushing that heavy handcart along. They went to a great farm a couple of hours away that had treacherous hills and dusty trails. C-13 and L-15 came home with a renewed appreciation for their life, their heritage and so much more. And they came home dirty! Very, very dirty. My favorite moment came a couple days after they got home and L-15 was heading to the airport for a week at BYU Provo for a church sponsored "camp" called Especially For Youth. I asked C-13 if he wanted to go to the airport to see her off and he said, "Yes, I like the airport. And I like L. I figured that out on trek." Worth it for that.

1 comment:
Awww! That's one of those payoff moments when you realize it is all worth it.
Post a Comment