Thursday, June 30, 2011

My New Plants~ Part 2

This is a wildflower, I think. It is so beautiful! I have them coming up in lots of places, but I don't mind.

There are ten or more large lavender bushes lining the space under the deck. Unfortunately, Tikka the dog has been digging them up in her pursuit of gophers. I have a HUGE potager garden that I want to completely re-do. Right now it just has four kinds of plants: society garlic (supposedly because it keeps gophers away. Obviously not working!), Daylilies, roses (there are scores of bushes, all the same color), and Bird of Paradise. I am envisioning lots of vegetables, herbs and flowers. There is tons of room. It will be the biggest garden I have ever attempted. In the background are the some of the fruit trees. We have peach, apricot, apple, cherry, avocado, orange, lemon, tangelo, macadamia nut and a banana from what I can identify.
This is just one corner of one bed. It's packed full. We'll have lots of digging to do. I would like to save the roses, but good-bye Bird of Paradise and garlic!

1 comment:

My Little Corner said...

One of the pictures reminds me of "Roxaboxen"!!! I can picture kids playing and imagining away! Great pictures!