Sunday, July 23, 2000

Five in a Row~ Awww, the memories!


Our first year of homeschooling using Five in a Row. What great memories were made! One of our many goals for homeschooling was to instill a love of learning in our children. What better way then using great books as the core of our learning! With our literature based curriculum, we traveled the world with the beloved characters from classic picture books. We cooked, created art, learned geography, did science experiments, and just had fun!
I came across my old journal I used to keep track of what we did in our homeschooling and decided to put into blog form. I don't think anyone will find anything new here. Just encouragement to stick to the manual and don't try to over do it when you are just starting out. Many of the books we rowed were all conversational lessons. My now 13 year old daughter recently advised me to "just stick with Five in a Row for M-7 because I learned a lot ." http://www.fiarhq.com/

No comments: