Friday, July 1, 2011

Welcome to the Neighborhood







This is going to sound like I'm making this up, but I promise it's true!

Hubby and I were on our laptops in our room looking at a snake identification website. Yesterday we saw a very small snake like thing that we think was a legless lizard. We know there are snakes around here and we keep asking if there have been Rattlesnake sightings, but none of the neighbors have seen any. We have told the kids to watch out for snakes and that we need to research to be able to i.d. them.

As we were going through the list on the website, M-9 was hanging out with us and looking, too. She decided to go out our bedroom door to the deck and immediately started squealing "Snake! SnakeS!"

Sure enough, there were two California King Snakes directly down from the deck stairs. Pretty creepy. I know these are the good kind and eat the gophers and also eat rattlesnakes, but still. Ick. They looked to be about 3-4 feet long.

Life in the country sure is exciting!

No comments: