I'm getting a lot of mileage out of all of the pumpkins in the living room.
I love fall decorating~
But my favorite Thanksgiving decoration is Fred!
The young turkeys (we found out young male turkeys are called Jakes and mature males are Toms) drive the dogs crazy. They have long adopted Henry as their mother and follow him everywhere. Poor Tikka gets pecked at continuously and I hear her give a "Get away from me!" bark many times a day.
The look on her face here says it all. She never tries to bite them or hurt them, though poor Tikka feels quite tormented.
Fred has been spending his days in the backyard rather than the field and enjoys the company of the chickens and the little turkeys. He has been feasting on the rose hips in my rose gardens.
Autumn is here and winter approaching. The roses are putting themselves to bed.
The hens have been eating the fallen rose petals.
But the Bird of Paradise are in full bloom and giving us a show of color amidst the muted shades.
There are long shadows early in the day.
Not sure what this is called but they have grown so much the last year and are really pretty. Very drought tolerant as they are growing best in the "no sprinkler zone" among the cactus.
Miss Polly from the first batch of chicks hatched at the beginning of summer is turning into a pretty gal.
This is the scene when I walk around the backyard and head to the field. I have quite an entourage and adoring fans waiting for me on the other side.
Salt and Nick love me. What can I say. I feel pretty special being loved by llamas. :)

No comments:
Post a Comment